Overview of Plus Size Elegant Dresses
Ladies, open your closet and start donating dresses you struggled to fit in or stacked up with a view of losing those extra pounds one day. The idea of dressing up – for office, social events, or a date night with your girls – should be a happy experience. One that fills you with joy, eagerness, and an elevating sense! It’s time for deja vu!
All your unstylish hemlines should be out of the wardrobe so you can buy some plus size elegant dresses for yourself. Remember, purchase those dresses that put a smile on your face and have you excited all day through.
Different Types of Plus Size Elegant Dresses
When you want to look elegant and stylish, you must look specifically for plus size elegant dresses. The good part is that there are a plethora of choices, and you can find one that suits your taste, likes, and of course, your fashion preferences. These are some of the most popular elegant dresses for large-sized women:
1.Elegant plus size cocktail dresses: Bold, fashionable, dressed to kill, and more – a cocktail dress gives you a reposed look. Elegant evening dresses plus size can vary in design, from a classic small black dress to a shimmery flowy gown. Considering your body shape, go for a sleek black and slim-fit dress that flows down to the floor. Another attractive dressing option for evening parties is a corset dress plus size. A-line dresses are flattering too. A lacy embellished cocktail dress can also be an elegant choice – make sure it flaunts your assets and hugs you in the right places.
2. Elegant plus size evening gowns: You should be attired appropriately when attending a formal dinner like a sit-down or a wedding. Evening gowns are perfect for such occasions. These are elegance personified, and you will look like a queen wearing your sequinned dress. There are different styles to pick from – mermaid style, A-line, layered, and so on. If you have an attractive upper body, you can choose a strapless or a plunging neckline. Wear high heels or stilettos and tie your hair up in a bun for the ultimate killer look.
3. Elegant plus size formal dresses: Other than a pair of trousers or formal pants and collared shirts, a formal dress could be a gown, a skirt, a shirt combo, or an elegant evening dress plus size. A plus size bodycon dress or silhouette hugging dress can also be worn to the workplace and formal meetings. As long as you are confident and the dress style matches your body shape, there’s nothing to keep you back from putting your best foot forward when you move out for work from home.
4. Plus size floral dresses: Floral dresses are a must-have in the closet of every woman. The nature-derived prints are not simply impressive, but the colors make the dresses visually pleasing and aesthetically remarkable. The plus size floral dresses can be made from cotton, georgette, and crepe. These dresses are appropriate for spring and summer.
5. Plus size maxi dresses: Full-length dresses are another attractive option for plus size ladies. The elegant dress for plus size ladies could be tight or flowy but does an excellent job of concealing many aspects of your body that you are uncomfortable exposing. The right style accentuates the curves at the right places. Toe-grazing length is flattering and looks great with flats and heels. Dark and solid colors look great on your body shape and size. Vertical prints and smaller prints look gorgeous on you as these tend to make you look taller and slimmer.
6. Plus size wrap dresses: Wrap dresses look beautiful on women who are on the heavier side. These super-flattering dresses are comfortable and versatile. The V-neckline of the dress gives the impression of a narrow waist. The tied part below the bust creates a slim waist illusion. The drape of the attire successfully hides the unnecessary bumps you would want to conceal from others. This dress is fabulous for work, date nights, and vacation trips.
7. Plus size A-line dresses: This style, irrespective of your body shape, creates the illusion of an hourglass shape. The top fits your upper torso. If you have the right assets – bust, midsection, and hips – show them off in the plus size A-line dress. Go for dresses made from strong and stiffer fabrics like denim, rayon, cotton, or polyester. You should avoid wearing flowy dresses and materials that hug your body, like silk and satin.
8. Plus size empire dresses: This style is characterized by weight just below the bust. Thus your upper body is highlighted vis a-vis the lower body. If you have an oval or rectangle body shape, go for these elegant dresses. You can choose dresses of any length, ranging from minis to tunics, midis, and maxis. Floral prints look good, giving a summery and breezy appearance that boosts your confidence.
How to Choose the Right Plus Size Elegant Dresses for You?
There are some factors that you need to consider thoughtfully when choosing a plus size elegant dress for yourself. These are:
Black is one of the best colors for plus size women. So go for dark colors, preferably. The thing with black is that it is a neutral color and does not conflict with your skin’s undertone. Besides the darker shades, you can undoubtedly choose bright and vivid colors like yellows and oranges if you are in a playful mood. Mix and match the shades – light and dark to create an impressive effect.
When picking an elegant dress, focus on the type of occasion to which you will wear the clothing. For example, a plus size empire dress may not be ideal for a formal meeting as it is a casual dressing style. Instead, wear a mermaid gown or bodycon for formal occasions, and go with A-line dresses for cocktails and sit-down dinners.
Consider the style of the dress as it is an essential criterion for choosing the perfect plus size elegant dress. For example, A-line dresses are the best for plus size women. Similarly, empire dresses, peplum dresses, and bodycon help create the illusion of a slimmer and smaller waist. Straight dresses are a great choice, too, for heavy-built women. Straight plus size dresses are meant for you if you have a rectangle shape or apple body. If you want to step out in style and make a statement, go for corset and off-the-shoulder dresses. Both styles help enhance the assets of your body while hiding unwanted areas.
Tips on Accessorizing a Plus Size Elegant Dress
Accessories are your best friend. They help complete the look. They also give you confidence taking away the attention from the not-so-favorite parts to your best features.
When accessorizing, remember to shop for accessories that look good for your size, which means that these should be in proportion. Black is a good color, but use other colors too. Treat the accessory as a point of visual interest on your dress. Get creative when accessorizing, and be bold to stand out.
Here are a few tips for accessorizing with your plus size elegant dress:
- Choose proportionate jewelry pieces. The necklace should be long enough. Choose chunkier styles to add value and texture to your plus size outfit.
- Earrings should be big-sized; for example, big hoop earrings look appealing for your size.
- A set of bangles is a great choice for your outfit. Alternatively, you can pair it up with a big chunky bracelet. If wearing a wristwatch, go for one with a thicker strap.
- Use a belt only with an elegant plus size tunic because it does not have a fitted waist. You can also use a broad classy belt with a flowy dress that does not have a waist of its own. Remember to wear the belt just below your bust line to give the impression of an hourglass figure.
- Use a scarf to add a pop of color to your plus size elegant dress. It looks cool around your neck as well as your waist. You can creatively use the scarf for a smarter-looking you. Use it with your handbag, as a bracelet tied onto one wrist, or as a headband.
- With your plus size elegant dress, use a purse that is long enough to hang comfortably. Bigger purses are for you. You can also use a shimmery clutch if you are going to an evening party or date.
- Shoes that match well with your elegant attire are either flats or strappy heels. A high-heeled wedge shoe also looks good. Go for dressier sandals when wearing bodycon and midi dresses.
- Finally, invest in quality undergarments and shapewear items that fit you with flawless perfection to amp up your self-esteem and confidence levels.
Where to Find Affordable, Stylish Plus Size Elegant Dresses?
The best place to find pocket-friendly plus size elegant dresses is online. While in a physical store, you will find precious items and dresses, online stores are cheaper because they save on logistics and space and can pass on some good discounts to buyers.
Try finding a plus size store, as it will be your one-stop point for buying stylish and elegant dresses for your size. A number of world-class brands and many fashion boutique stores have now launched their specialized editions of plus size elegant dresses. One such online shop is Chiclover.
Benefits of Wearing a Plus Size Elegant Dress
Why should you wear plus size elegant dresses? Because it is suitable for your body and mind. When wearing the right dress, you are confident and can carry yourself with higher self-esteem. In addition, the right dress accentuates your beauty because, unlike what many people think, plus size women have their assets too and are no less beautiful than their slimmer counterparts.
Wearing an elegant dress fits you perfectly and highlights your curves. As a result, you become the center of attraction at parties and events. People look up to you as your personality is highlighted and dignified, wearing a fitting and stylish dress. It is an unparalleled feeling – a sense of pride and a positive association between the body and the mind. This attitude is essential in a society where a thin size is admired while a voluptuous figure is usually frowned upon.
Last but not least, you should venture out and dress in an elegant plus size dress because it is an embodiment of your sexuality. Being slim is not hot only; being plus size can be attractive too. Why should only the slim and trim have all the fun? Being attractively dressed should be fun for women of all shapes and sizes.
Now that you know that there are innumerable choices of elegant plussize dresses don’t stop yourself from going all out and immersing yourself in the joy of dressing up in one. It’s a dress made for you. So, if you are contemplating which is the best place to buy plus size elegant dresses, this is it.
Welcome to Chiclover, the internet’s best place to buy exotic, stylish dresses for plus size women. These dresses are tailor-made for your size and shape, and there are hundreds of dresses to pick from. Come and be a part of a revolution.